Friday, October 31, 2008

Early Voting is a Good Thing

Dear Friends and Family,

I had a couple of meeting cancellations yesterday afternoon and decided to take the opportunity to go and vote early. I picked up Mr. mouse and we drove to one of the local parks that was set up for early voting.

Guess who we saw? None other than Ms. Winfrey. She works in the neighborhood, and decided to do her civic duty and cast her ballot. It was kinda cool. Not sure I'll ever get within two feet of her again with only a handful of people in the vicinity. It felt serendipitous.

It took us just under two hours. Fortunately, they had chairs set up so we sat for 90% of the wait. In fact, Mr. mouse and I both napped for ~30 minutes, so the time went quickly.

Now, I don't have to worry about the craziness next Tuesday.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: