Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finding Peace in Prayer

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm not a very religious person. But, lately, I've been finding peace in prayer. Sometimes when I can't go to sleep at night, I find myself praying. Usually, it's a request for patience (instead of rushing to find the "right" answer) or of acceptance (instead of fighting things outside of my control) or talking through what's on my mind (the list of things worrying me and why ultimately they're not really all that important).

I try not to have the "special request" list prayer (e.g. please, I'd like X, Y, and Z) or the "negotiation" prayer (e.g. if you do X for me, I promise I'll do Y from now on). But, I do usually put in a special call out for my two grandparents and Mr. mouse's mom who've passed away and for my two grandparents and Mr. mouse's grandmother who are getting old. Not anything specific, just a little something at the end.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: