Thursday, October 09, 2008

New Opportunities at Work

Dear Friends and Family,

I've been at work for almost two years now. And, I think it's time to do something new. I've been surprised and somewhat delighted at how supportive my boss has been in helping me figure all of this out. There are three options I'm looking into.

My favorite is with our online team. It's a product planning position developing a road map for the website (e.g. what features and benefits should be developed next). This one would definitely be the most fun. But, it's the one where I'm least certain of where it leads next.

Another option is to work with one of the business units in strategy implementation. The team spent the last year developing a three year strategy. And, now they've got an opening for someone to execute against the strategy. I've got a couple of concerns about work-life balance with this team, but the exposure would be great.

And, the last option is to stay in a staff role. There's a position on the analytics team. My former boss went to lead that group. And, he'd love to have me. I love his team. I know the work-life balance would be good. And, I think (but, I'm not sure) he'd be just as supportive in two years when I was ready for something new.

All three are good options I'd be happy with. They're all promotions. I still need to interview for the job itself. We'll see where it all leads.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: