Monday, March 26, 2007

03.26.07: Surprise Visit

Dear Friends and Family,

Happy Monday!

Our weekend started Friday night with two phone calls. One from my sister in which she agreed to email me going forward instead of calling twice a day. Yeah! And, one from one of my best friends from grad school to say he was in town for Saturday, did we want to get together? Of course!

Saturday, we slept in, then, picked up my friend from his hotel. Came back to do some grilling on the deck. It was overcast and warm when we went out on to the deck, but cold by the time we were done. We hit the mall to pick up a gift for my cousin's baby in Korea. And, then went to pick up my friend's wife from her conference. Had some sushi for dinner and then dropped them off at their hotel room.

Sunday, we slept in, then, spent some time cleaning up the place. Midday, we spent a couple of hours on the deck - this is why I love summertime in the city! Afterwards, I spent more time than I should have scanning in some old pictures I need to bring back to Korea. I was originally scanning them in at 300 dpi, but Mr. mouse scornfully asked why I didn't do a higher resolution. Does he realize the grief he can cause with his sometimes completely ignorant questions? He made me feel like I was skimping on quality to save time. No, instead, let's scan them in at 1200 dpi. File size? 500MB a picture. Time per picture? 1 hr vs. 5 minutes. My splitting headache halfway through? Three Advil. Nicely done, Mr. mouse.

He made a delicious dinner while I was battling the computer and scanner - grilled salmon, polenta and a mixed greens salad. It was so good, I decided to forgive him. Plus, I had points left over for some ice cream and rice pudding.

Hopefully, this week isn't too hectic, since theoretically we're getting on a plane in a couple of days for vacation.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: