Friday, March 02, 2007

Gino's East of Chicago

Dear Friends and Family,

Just catching up on old reviews.

Everyone's got an opinion on the best deep dish pizza in Chicago. Gino's a perennial favorite of many natives, just doesn't rank as high on my list. It's good... But, I simply love the sausage patty on the Uno pizza which I always order. The onions are chopped not sliced, which really does make a difference on the pepperoni and onion pizza Mr. mouse always orders. And, the Gino's decor still freaks me out with all of the graffiti. Reminds me of growing up in the City.

But, we're always willing to try places and see how they compare to our favorites, so we tried Gino's East over the weekend when our neighbors visited. We'll see how Giordano's and Lou Malnati's stack up to Due the next time they're in town for a visit. I'm curious to see what their favorite ends up being.


Overall rating: 7/10

Gino's East
633 North Wells Street
Chicago, IL 60610 map it
(312) 943-9589
http://www.ginoseast.com


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Due blog post

2 comments:

Sara said...

Due is still numbero uno in my book.

Anonymous said...

You have completely opened our eyes to the best Chicago style Pizza. We had Old Chicago pizza today in MPLS and it doesn't stack up against the real deal.

Due is still the best, but we look forward to trying the others in Chicago.

Cheers,
Troy