Thursday, March 01, 2007

Family Drama, Part 2

Dear Friends and Family,

How can two people so closely related be so different?

I've been swamped at work. But, this is the week my sister feels we need to explore the entire history of our relationship with each other and explore all of the possibilities of the entire future of our relationship. WHILE I'M AT WORK!

Three phone calls Monday, two quick, but plaintive ones in the morning while I'm preparing for a meeting with my EVP and then one in the afternoon while I'm meeting with a colleague. A passive-aggressive email on Tuesday followed by another one on Wednesday. Then two more phone calls last night WHILE I'M AT WORK with two colleagues preparing a deck for a follow-up meeting with my EVP. She wanted an hour of my time last night while the my two colleagues and I were in the office until 10 o'clock. I'm fortunate in how understanding they, my colleagues, are and how good a working relationship I have with them.

This? Now? Last night might have been the straw that broke this camel's back. I don't have the patience for this. And, it's always about her. It's always a do or die situation that requires a million hours of talking. And, it can never wait. It doesn't matter if I'm busy. It doesn't matter if I don't have the patience for the drama. It doesn't matter because it's all about how she sees it.

I want to be there for her because we are sisters and somehow that's been ingrained in me as important. But, I can see how siblings grow apart as adults. We're just two very different people.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: