Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Izakaya Sankyu Japanese Restaurant

Dear Friends and Family,

Izakaya Sankyu is located in the same strip mall as Pusan Kalbi. It's not a traditional Japanese restaurant. It specializes in bar food. We had bacon wrapped mochi and squid leg calamari as appetizers. I had a bite of each since neither is very points friendly. They were both so good!

For dinner, Mr. mouse ordered a pork ramen which was very good and very affordable price-wise but very expensive points-wise. I tried a couple of spoonfuls because it looked so good. I wasn't disappointed. The noodles were fresh and the broth was dense and complex. I ordered the sushi roll special and a couple of pieces of maki sushi. Overall, the sushi was very good and hit the spot. I don't need fancy sushi or premium sushi. For my everyday fix, I need consistent good quality sushi at an affordable price. Izakaya Sushi fits the bill.

As for the bar menu, I'll need to learn Japanese to order from it, since it's written in Japanese on a little dry erase board when you enter. I'm sure it's all good, just richer than I am choosing to eat now.


Overall rating: 8/10

Izakaya Sankyu Japanese Restaurant
1176 South Elmhurst Road
Mount Prospect, IL 60056 map it
(847) 228-5539


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: