Thursday, March 29, 2007

Out of Balance

Dear Friends and Family,

I have lost all semblance of balance in my life. Working until 7 o'clock has become a regular facet of life for me. Now, I enjoy the work and the day goes quickly but it's been impossible to hit the gym. It's been over a month since I've had anything resembling a workout.

I donated blood on 2/22 and that didn't go well. So, Mr. mouse told me to skip working out for a week until I gave my body a chance to heal. Then, I had crazy week when I worked until 10 o'clock every night preparing a presentation. The next week I went to the gym on Tuesday and came down with the flu on Wednesday. The week after I took off again to give my body another chance to heal. Then the past two weeks have been the 7 o'clock nights. Now 7 pm isn't late, but when the gym starts shutting down at 7:45 and closes at 8, I don't have the time to do the workout I want.

I think I need to start thinking about other options... There's basically three components to my workout - cardio, upper body weights and lower body weights. I'm looking at a corner of our dining room and wondering if I can convert it into a mini gym... A nice elliptical, some free weights, a bench, a yoga mat, a mirror, some speakers for my ipod... Hmmm... I think we're onto something here.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: