Sunday, March 04, 2007

Portillo's Hot Dogs

Dear Friends and Family,

Just catching up on old reviews.

Twice in two weekends. On Weight Watchers. And, I made it through okay. We went both times for the Italian beef, once with my parents and once with our neighbors.

I asked Mr. mouse his opinion, since he's been to more Italian beef sandwich shops than I have. He rated it an 8 for good spiciness, being able to customize the level of juice, nice give to the bread, and a couple of other factors that I wouldn't have ever thought of. I like Portillo's because it has variety. If someone in the party doesn't want Italian beef, there are other options on the menu, unlike most places that specialize in Italian beef and that's all they serve.


Overall rating: 8/10

Portillo's Hot Dogs
100 West Ontario Street
Chicago, IL 60610 map it
(312) 587-8910
http://www.portillos.com


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: