Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bob Chinn's Crab House

Dear Friends and Family,

Just catching up on old reviews.

As the name implies, famous for their crabs. And, with good reason. Bob Chinn's manages to get an impressive array of crabs flown in from around the world for local Chicagoans to enjoy. You can have the crabs steamed, grilled, blackened, beer batter fried, sauteed, broiled or stir fried. I ordered the seafood gumbo and the steamed Alaskan King Crab legs with a baked sweet potato on the side. The gumbo was standard but a real treat for me since I don't get it often, the crab legs were delicious and the baked sweet potato was too soft because it was over cooked. My dad went through over a pound of crab legs. My mom ordered a fish dish; fish served in soy sauce with ginger and scallion. It was good but too salty if you had too much of the soy sauce.

The surprise treat of the night? Mr. mouse ordered a steak of all things. And, it was aged to perfection and then grilled to perfection. I had a bite and it was one of the better steaks I've had in a restaurant. At a crab house, no less. Try it. You won't be disappointed.


Overall rating: 8/10

Bob Chinn's Crab House
393 South Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090 map it
(847) THE-CRAB
http://www.bobchinns.com


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: