Thursday, March 08, 2007

del Toro Cafe y Taberna

Dear Friends and Family,

Just catching up on old reviews.

Wow. This was long, long ago. I have trouble remembering what it was I had for brunch and it's no longer on the menu so I'm going off of memory. I had a dish that was a combination of roast pork, eggs and patatas bravas, their version of home fries. Word of warning, the wait for food is long and the drink service is spotty. But, the food itself is very well done. It's a good place for brunch if you want foodie food and cocktails. For healthy food, I'd do Milk and Honey. For dessert for breakfast, I'd do Bongo Room. For killer Bloody Mary's, I'd do Moonshine. For space and honest food, I'd do Feast.

Just realized, I need to add Milk and Honey, Moonshine and Bongo Room to the eating out posts. Will it never end?

In case you're wondering why I write these food posts, it's for two reasons. If you come to visit, you've got a list to purview beforehand. And, it's to help me remember where I've eaten and what I thought of the place since I can't keep them all straight in my head.


Overall rating: 8/10

del Toro Cafe y Taberna
1520 North Damen Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622 map it
(773) 252-1500
http://www.deltorocafe.com


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: