Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Make Your Mark

Dear Friends and Family,

Last night, I was waiting for Mr. mouse at the bus stop, and my mind started wandering. It was still sunny out thanks to the hour time change. And, it was warm. And, I was feeling much better. The general euphoria was running pretty high.

I was part of a women's leadership forum at old work. And, I was a skeptic when I first joined. But, after multiple conferences and working in smaller teams on women's issues, I think it made more of an impression on me than I realized.

I didn't realize how much stronger a person I am now for the learnings I've had from the program. And, I didn't understand the business fundamentals for running such a program at the time. But, I do now. If you can truly empower 50% of the working population and galvanize them to make their mark, it impacts your bottom line.

My respect for old work and fondness for what they were trying to achieve is one notch higher. And, I recognize that I am a better person for having been involved in such a tremendous effort.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: