Tuesday, March 20, 2007

10 Pounds and Counting

Dear Friends and Family,

I've hit a new point in my Weight Watchers journey. Ten pounds to go until goal. At my current rate of loss, I estimate it'll be another three to six months to lose the final 10 pounds. Then comes maintenance. Still, after the past year, it isn't as daunting as it sounds. It means continuing to do what I do every day and hopefully continuing to see results.

Honestly, if for some unknown reason I plateau at this point, I'm okay with not losing the last ten. I'd be curious as to why I stopped losing, but I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it. I'm okay with where I am, the last ten is more for me than it is for my health. I'm squarely in the middle of average, so it's 90% psychological and 10% physiological at this point. I'm relatively certain if I went to see a doctor they would be fine with me losing the ten pounds if I asked, but they wouldn't prompt me to lose the ten pounds if I didn't ask.

Here's to life in moderation.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

congrats to you, my well balanced friend. life in moderation truly is a great goal - i know i'm not there yet, but baby steps... and now you'll see where your happy weight is - savor! xoxoxox