Friday, March 02, 2007

Absolutely Exhausted

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm glad this week is over. I'm absolutely exhausted.

Work has been super busy; I was in the office until 10 three times in four days. The drama with my sister been a real drag. And, everything has been out of sorts this week. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep. I haven't had the chance to go to the gym. I haven't been bringing my lunch. And, I haven't been able to take any time to relax and unwind.

Put it all together and I'm absolutely exhausted.

I got a voice mail from my sister yesterday. She left a super dramatic message laden with sighs and pointed words with pointed emphasis and all the standard guilt-triggering phrases in the "this hurts me more than it hurts you" tone to inform us that she wouldn't be joining us in Korea after all. And, frankly, I was glad when I heard that. Because after all that we'd been through this past week, I didn't want to see her in Korea and have her ruin our vacation. And, frankly, I am glad I was so glad. I am done. I am so done. I am past the point of no return done. And, it feels liberating.

I won't be nasty and snide and try to avoid her and make a world of drama in reverse. But, Mr. mouse and I won't go down to visit her. We'll be unfortunately busy if she wants to come visit us. I'll return phone calls, but there might be a week or two lag because I'll call only if I truly have time and there's nothing higher on my list of priorities. And, I won't plan my trips home around her schedule, but I won't plan my trips to avoid her either. I'm just done.

I'm glad it's almost the weekend. It'll be a good chance to regroup and relax.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: