Monday, November 05, 2007

11.05.07: Motor City Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

We drove out to Michigan Thursday night for our dentist appointment. Normally, we schedule them for Saturdays, but we needed to reschedule to go to Boston a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I do love making a long weekend out of it. It gives us so much more time to see friends.

Friday, after the dentist, we drove out to see our friends Dan and Debbie and their two boys. Then, we headed out to the mall, to pick up a suit for me before heading out to dinner. In case you're wondering, I've got 13 food reviews to do. I will catch up. I will catch up. I will catch up.

Saturday, we slept in, got some work done, and headed out to see Mr. mouse's friends, Dave and Pam, their two kids, and amazingly, their dog from almost who is 14 years old. We had lunch with them. Their kids are old enough to stay home alone if Dave and Pam want to have an evening out alone. Wow!

For dinner, we headed over to see a third batch of friends - Rob and Lisa and their two kids. Dan and Debbie came by as well. We had Korean food followed by cupcakes and ice cream. Lisa always picks up my favorite ice cream. She's so thoughtful. I love her. We stayed up to play a couple of rounds of mah-jongg, but turned in pretty early.

Sunday, we slept in, headed out for some dim sum, picked up some bread, and drove home. We got home around 6 o'clock, which was perfect for eating dinner, tidying up the kitchen and still turning in at a decent hour. I caught a cold Saturday night, so the extra rest was good. And, one of our friends missed his connection, so he came over for the night.

And, there was the weekend.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: