Monday, November 19, 2007

11.19.07: Friends in Town

Dear Friends and Family,

Our neighbors from the mouse house came to visit us for the weekend.

We met up Friday night at the airport and took the train to Smoque BBQ for dinner. We got a hodge podge of food; brisket, pulled pork, baby back ribs, St. Louis ribs with slaw, corn bread, fries and baked beans; for the five of us. I stuck to the brisket since they were out of chicken. Then, we came home and booted up the Wii for a night of fun and games.

Saturday morning, I got up early to do some work. We had breakfast in the house; baguette, eggs and bacon; before heading out to 2007 Chicago Toy & Game Fair. There were a bunch of cool games. My favorites were Portrayal, Nacho Loco and Last Word. I believe Nacho Loco and Last Word will be for sale at Target this holiday season. And, Portrayal is in small local shops. It was a fun way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon.

We headed downtown to see them "turn on the lights" on Michigan Avenue for the holiday season. Turned out to be a bust. Mobs of people, nothing to see. Fortunately, Due was on the itinerary for dinner so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip. We got home and played some more Wii.

Sunday morning, I got up early to do some more work. We headed out to Bongo Room for breakfast. I got the cornbread cranberry pancakes with the pecan maple syrup butter on the side. It was huge, so I had two pancakes which is really four pancakes and gave Mr. mouse my last pancake. We got ready, packed up the PS2 for them to take with them, and headed out to the Field Museum for the afternoon. We got there just in time for me to join a free tour of the Inside Egypt exhibit. Never one to turn down anything Egyptology related, I separated from the group for about two hours to do that. We grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Corner Bakery before doing the Evolving Planet exhibit. I love the museum. It's a great way to spend the afternoon.

Dinner was at New Seoul Restaurant. I keep forgetting how good their barbecued meats are. We need to go more often. Quick trip out to the airport to drop everyone off and Mr. mouse and I hit the supermarket for our Thanksgiving stuff. And, that was the weekend.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Jello is fun.

No comments: