Thursday, November 29, 2007

Investigating Afternoon Snack Ideas

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Thursday. One more day until the weekend.

We had our monthly birthday celebration at work yesterday. And, my cube is the defacto cube for set up. I love this. We had quite the spread - bananas, oranges, pumpkin muffins, corn muffins, danishes, bear claws, fruit pastries, oh my. My banana was excellent. And, I was extremely proud of myself for being able to resist the commercial baked goods since that's on my "not food" list this week.

But, by mid afternoon, it was a struggle. I was hungry. And, I wanted a snack. I resisted. I took the late bus home. I was starving. It was cold. I was tired. I caved. I called Mr. mouse. We met halfway to go for Korean food. The soon tofu restaurant was closed. We drove around some more. We went for black bean noodles at a Chinese Korean restaurant. We left full of carbohydrates and apparently sodium.

This morning, I'm feeling a little abused. Between the extra calories and the extra salt, I'm feeling a little lethargic. Lots of tea and water today to flush out the system. And, next time, hopefully, I'll be smart enough to grab a granola bar in the afternoon. Eight hours is a long stretch between lunch and dinner. I might have to be more purposeful about an afternoon 3PM snack.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: