Friday, November 16, 2007

Are We Having Fun Yet?

Dear Friends and Family,

Wow. I'm having so much fun with this. We should do this more often. Not.

We all know the fiasco that went down Wednesday night. And, there was an implied suggestion that there's always Thursday. And, guess what, no surprise, we're headed into Friday, and I'm not really sure where any of this is headed.

What it comes down to is this. I get that there's a lot of this I can't control. I get that. I get that there are large elements of surprise to all of this. And, that managing expectations is nearly impossible. What gets me totally frustrated is that to the extent that we can control this, or predict this, or set expectations, we're not doing that. I understand Mother Nature has a say in this and she won't answer my questions. But, really, why do I have to be guessing my own spouse's thoughts and actions?

I'm really glad we went down this path. I need these fun and games like I need a giant hole in my head.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: