Monday, December 31, 2007

12.31.07: Quiet Weekend at Home

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a quiet weekend at the mouse pad to close out 2007. After our fall and winter travel schedule, we were looking forward to a couple of quiet days catching up on errands. The days are blurring together. Let me see if I can remember Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday. For the life of me, I can't remember how Saturday started off. I know we slept in since I didn't eat breakfast. My guess is we slept in. I had a long morning of catching up online while having my tea. I made an mushroom and swiss cheese omelette for brunch. We started our Christmas cards. We did laundry. Mr. mouse did a Target run. We went grocery shopping. We had bulgur and chicken and soup for dinner. And, I experimented with some kalbi tchim (essentially, Korean short rib stew) for dinner for Sunday night. I'm 99% certain that's how the day went, but the morning is still a little fuzzy.

It was therapeutic to do the Christmas cards. Granted, they're clearly arriving after Christmas this year. It's the time we spend that makes it a tradition and a whole day affair - word smithing our letter, making the cards, signing the cards, randomly sorting the signatures, organizing addresses, writing a couple of lines, stuffing the cards, sealing the envelopes, stamping the envelopes, and dropping them off at the post office. It feels like a major accomplishment to get them done. And, it feels like the year is truly closed out now.

Sunday. We got up early and had breakfast. We headed out to return a couple of things we bought as potential gifts that we ended up not using. We mailed our cards. And, we went eye glass shopping. Nothing caught my eye. I think I'll have to spend some time in January looking some more. We completed our returns. Mr. mouse got a free shirt at Brooks Brothers which is always a nice bonus. And, we came home to have our kalbi tchim for dinner. It came out good. I was happy with it. We started a loaf of whole wheat bread that should be ready for dinner tonight. It's therapeutic to be making more of our food - reduces the "not food" I need to report on Tuesdays. And, we spent the entire evening planning out our Christmas gift purchases for ourselves. More on that once they arrive. (Instead of exchanging gifts, we opted for the joint functional presents this year.)

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: