Thursday, December 13, 2007

Beautiful Glass Trees

Dear Friends and Family,

I worked from home on Tuesday so I missed the freezing rain that was in the weather forecast. But, yesterday, I got to see the beauty it had wrought. Each tree was covered in ice and looked like it was made of glass. And, since the sun was shining, they were all sparkly and glittery and dazzling to behold.

Sometimes we rush through life absorbed in the mundane administrivia that our daily lives are composed of. And, moments like this are a breath of fresh air that remind us to be less selfish, to look externally, and to take a moment and stop and see and admire and absorb.

By lunch time it was warm and sunny out and the ice began to melt. I realized how ethereal true moments of beauty can be. And, I realized how strongly correlated sunlight and happiness are, at least for me.

I think I'll start a new category and label it: little things. It'll be a nice pick me up to be able to go back and look at these spontaneous moments that capture something small, but precious.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: