Friday, December 14, 2007

Electricity Tracking: December 2007

Dear Friends and Family,

Still can't view our electric bill from home. But, I can view it at work. Bizarre. Something to troubleshoot once we have some free time. Finally! Down from last year! And, I'm learning that the analytics are going to be harder without the right tools. So, we bought an item off of my wish list.

Kill A Watt MeterThe Kill A Watt Meter helps figure out electrical usage by measuring what your plug-in devices consume. Mr. mouse ordered it next day delivery, so I should be able to play this weekend. I'm inordinately excited about this.
  • Last year Nov, we consumed 849 kWh. This Nov, we used 507 kWh. We're down 40%.
  • In Oct, we spent 642 kWh. So, we're down M-O-M 21%. Whoppee! Now, if I only knew why.
  • And, at last report out, we had been trending +40% YTD and with Oct's addition we're trending +30%.

Cheers!
mouse

No comments: