Friday, December 28, 2007

Irving's Delicatessen

Dear Friends and Family,

We went with Mr. mouse's dad and step mom for lunch at Irving's. Their tag line says it all, "Huge servings... at Irving's." I ordered the stuffed cabbage. Mr. mouse got half of a pastrami sandwich. The half sandwich is served full-sized, but with half the meat of a full-sized sandwich. My stuffed cabbage was stuffed with almost all meat and very little rice. Mr. mouse's pastrami was juicy and flavorful although the rye bread was very bland. He finished half of his sandwich. I finished two of my three pieces of stuffed cabbage.

The fries looked amazing. Fortunately, we didn't order any. I'm sure I could have finished a plateful if we had. Although the food was decent, the service was atrocious. They had one person running the entire restaurant when we were there. It was super slow to get anything from her. I'd recommend take-out if that's an option.


Overall rating: 7/10

Irving's Delicatessen
575 Mt. Pleasant Road
Livingston, NJ 07039 map it
(973) 994-5100


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: