Friday, December 28, 2007

Sam Won Gahk (aka SamWonGahk)

Dear Friends and Family,

Chinese food if you're Korean. Growing up, we used to go to the one in Elmhurst before it closed.

We ordered the sweet and sour pork (tangsooyook and/or tangsuyuk) and the garlic chicken (gganpunggi) to share. Then, we split a single order of the black bean noodles (jajangmyeon and/or jjajangmyun) which was enough for each of us to get a taste without getting overly stuffed.

For me, the Sam Won Gahk is the yardstick by which I measure all other black bean noodle places since it's the one I grew up with. The noodles are dense and chewy. And, the sauce is thick and rich. I love all of the onions they put in the sauce. The chicken and pork are both deep fried with a lot of sauce. I'm not sure either are super healthy, but, for me, this is comfort food. And, I love it.


Overall rating: 8/10

Sam Won Gahk
144-20 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11354 map it
(718) 445-8500


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: